Minnesota Legislature Passes Hemp Reform
THC LEGAL IN FOOD AND BEVERAGE
Up to 5 mg THC Per Serving
New LAWS GOING IN EFFECT JULY 1
Delta 8, Delta 10, and THCo
LAST CALL FOR PURCHASE IN STORE - JUNE 31ST.
IF YOU ENJOY THE CURRENT DELTA 8, 10 and THC-O SELECTION STOCK UP NOW WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
NEW LIMITS IN MN EFFECTIVE JULY 1
Here's a brief summary of the changes:
- The Board of Pharmacy is now the regulatory authority for edible cannabinoid products.
- Cannabinoids are now legal in Edible and Drink products as long as they do not contain more than 0.3% of ANY tetrahydrocannabinol.
- Edible cannabinoid products must also not contain more than 5mg of any tetrahydrocannabinol in a single serving and no more than a total of 50mg per package.
- You must be 21 or older to purchase Cannabinoid (tetrahydrocannabinol-containing products). This raises the age requirement from 18 to 21 for CBD as well.
What does this mean?
This legislation doesn't make sense to most and will frustrate consumers and businesses alike. It does in fact lead the way to legalization. It is actually a win for the state and and the industry. However, that being said the logistics of it has some negative side effects:
- it forces the consumer to spend their money outside of MN rather than here locally.
- it will cost manufacturers more by having to create packaging with fewer units per package.
- consumers will consume more to obtain the same effect.
Unfortunately, Federal law will likely get a reform this year as well, limiting manufacturing and obtaining it at the current levels across the country.
Delta 8 in particular has been a lifesaver to so many with anxiety, sleep and pain issues, that's why we are working diligently to find alternative, compliant products that will work for our customers who so desperately want the help that cannabinoids provide, without the side effects they don't.
THE GOOD NEWS!
Beverages and Edibles are legal up to 5 mg THC!
So you'll see more Minnesota manufacturers providing great new products and you'll begin to see THC drinks available in more places.